TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions apply to all guests visiting Secret Lagoon and for those booking their ticket/package and other services/products at the website www.secretlagoon.is
To provide you with the features and benefits of online purchases with Secret Lagoon, we need to collect information from you through our website. We collect registration information that you provide when you book your package, including your first name and surname, country of residence, email address and more The security and confidentiality of your information are extremely important to us.
We will not share your personal information outside Secret Lagoon.
Bookings made through www.secretlagoon.is require full payment with a credit card at the time of booking.
Travel agencies, after agreement with Secret Lagoon can be charged after group visit. If co-operator doesn’t settle payment method with Secret Lagoon, group will be charged on arrival. Cooperating companies shouldfill this formproviding following details:
- name of the contact person and phone number
- name of the company, address, company identification number
- email address,
- date of reservation
- how many people
- comments, if any
All rates are quoted and presented in Icelandic Krona, the prices are per person and include VAT and all other taxes and service fees.
Prices quoted can change without notice. After payment has been made and/or an invoice has been issued, the price is guaranteed against any surcharge, unless a price increase is due to government laws or currency changes.
One of the benefits of booking tickets and/or entrance packages online is priority when entrance is subjected to waiting time and line of guests/crowd. This priority does vary and is based on factors such as the time and day of visit. Online booking does not eliminate the possibility of wait.
When you book your entry at www.secretlagoon.is you will receive an E-ticket via email. You can either print out the tickets and have them with you, or show them on your phone on arrival.
In a case of group reservation, only email confirmation received from firstname.lastname@example.org is valid. It’s highly appreciated if co-operating company delivers relevant document to guide of the group.
It is important to keep your E-tickets confirmation in a safe and secure place after printing. Only the first set of tickets will allow entry to the Secret Lagoon. All other copies of the E-ticket are going to be refused. The identification of the holder can be requested at the entrance with the actual credit card that was used at the time of purchase and/or a valid photo Identity card.
Unlawful resale or attempted resale is grounds for seizure and cancellation without compensation. Tickets obtained from unauthorized sources may be lost, stolen or counterfeit, and if so are void. E-tickets are not redeemable for cash. It is unlawful to reproduce them in any form.
When you book a ticket/ make group reservation, Secret Lagoon will reserve a lockers in the changing room at the selected date/time. If customers don’t show up at the pre-booked date/time, that is the arrival hour as indicated on the E-ticket, Secret Lagoon reserves the right to assign the locker to other guests.
AMENDING/CHANGING A PURCHASE/BOOKING
If you wish to make any changes to your confirmed booking, a change fee of ISK 500 will apply to the booking. To amend a booking, please send us the request via e-mail email@example.com refer to your original booking confirmation number. You can not change the date or time of a booking after the originally selected date/time has passed.
CANCELLING A PURCHASE/BOOKING
All cancellations must be presented to Secret Lagoon in written, via e-mail, to the address firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellation charges are as follows (days of notice are based on date/time of arrival):
If you cancel with more than 4 days notice: 90% is refunded
If you cancel with 1-4 days (24-84 hours) notice: 50% is refunded
If you cancel with less than 1 day notice: No refund is made
Secret Lagoon reserves the right to change or cancel all bookings and reservations in accordance with operating requirements or circumstances beyond its control, such as equipment malfunction, natural hazards, unfavorable weather or outside conditions, or any other similar events that could result in the temporary closure of the Secret Lagoon.
If the booking is cancelled by Secret Lagoon due to any of these reasons, you will be entitled to either a full refund ( it applies only to prepaid reservations) or change your booking to another date and/or departure without having to pay any change fee.
LIABILITY AND INSURANCE
Secret Lagoon disclaims responsibility for any loss, damage, accidents, sickness or changes in schedule caused by weather, strikes or any other irregularity outside the company’s control and for expenses due to any of these reasons. All such losses and expenses are the personal liability of the guest.
We advise all our customers to have valid travel insurance. This insurance should be obtainable in your country of residence and usually covers cancellation fees and, to some extent, accidents that might occur.
In order to make your visit as enjoyable as possible, we also wish to draw your attention to the following:
- Guests enter the Secret Lagoon on their own responsibility and are responsible for children accompanying them.
- Children 8 years old or younger need to wear inflatable swim armbands.
- No responsibility is assumed by the establishment for any valuables the guests may have with them.
- Please be aware that floors, walkways and paths may be slippery and/or wet in places.
- Please be aware that the Secret Lagoon is located on active geothermal area and walking around the pool can be dangerous to health and life!!!
- Entering the pool area outside the opening hours is strictly prohibited and will be treated as a legal offence
- Diving, jumping, running is not allowed.
- Pets are not allowed
- Guests may not bring food or drinks for consumption on the premises or in the Lagoon.
- We ask our guests to shower without their bathing-suits before entering the Lagoon.
- Please take your towel with you when going to the shower room and dry yourself before re-entering the changing rooms in order to keep the floor dry in them.
- Please take off your shoes before entering the changing-rooms.
- We recommend to take out all your silver jewellery. Water in the Lagoon contains sulfur, which can cause silver colour change.
- Please note that guests are responsible for their bracelets and will be charged if they lose them.
- The temperature of the Secret Lagoon is 38-40°C. It is recommended that guests take regular breaks from bathing in the Lagoon and drink water before, during and after bathing.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry or ask for leaving to anyone who arrives intoxicated. The determination of whether an individual is intoxicated is solely at our discretion. In such cases, the guest is not entitled to a refund.
- Secret Lagoon do not take responsibility for behaviour of tour guides. In case you have any complaint you should contact your tour operator.
- Bringing food and drinks from outside is forbidden.
You agree that any claim, action or lawsuit arising out of these terms and conditions and/or the services/products purchased, shall be interpreted and governed in conformity with Icelandic law. For any legal dispute which may arise, both parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and competence of the Judges and Courts of the town of Reykjavik, Iceland.
You acknowledge that these terms and conditions can be changed and/or updated without notice.