Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions apply to all guests visiting Secret Lagoon and for those booking their ticket/package and other services/products at the website www.secretlagoon.is
To provide you with the features and benefits of online purchases with Secret Lagoon, we need to collect information from you through our website. We collect registration information that you provide when you book your package, including your first name and surname, country of residence, email address and more. Security and confidentiality of your information are extremely important to us.
We will not share your personal information outside Secret Lagoon.
Bookings made through www.secretlagoon.is, require full payment with a credit/debit card at the time of booking or before group visit.
*Travel agencies, after agreement with Secret Lagoon may be charged before, at the arrival or after group visit. This requires special settlement before group visit, between entities. To set it up please fill this form.
All rates are quoted and presented in Icelandic Krona, the prices are per person and include VAT and all other taxes and service fees.
Prices quoted can change without notice. After payment has been made and/or an invoice has been issued, the price is guaranteed against any surcharge unless a price increase is due to government laws or currency changes.
One of the benefits of booking tickets on www.secretlagoon.is, is a priority when entrance is subjected to waiting time and line of guests/crowd. This priority does vary and is based on factors such as the time and day of the visit.
Online booking does not eliminate the possibility of the wait.
When you book your entry at www.secretlagoon.is you will receive an E-ticket via email. You can either print out the tickets or show them on your phone on arrival, at the reception.
In a case of an email reservations: only those groups who received back confirmation email from email@example.com are valid. Co-operating company must deliver the relevant document to guide of the group.
It is important to keep your E-tickets confirmation in a safe and secure place. Only the first set of tickets will allow entry to the Secret Lagoon. All others are going to be refused. The identification of the holder can be requested at the entrance with the actual credit card that was used at the time of purchase and/or a valid photo ID and/or other.
Unlawful resale or attempted resale is grounds for seizure and cancellation without compensation. Tickets obtained from unauthorized sources may be lost, stolen or counterfeit, and if so, are void.
E-tickets are not redeemable for cash. It is unlawful to reproduce them in any form.
When you book a ticket/ make a group reservation, Secret Lagoon will reserve a locker in the changing room at the selected date/time. If customers don’t show up at the pre-booked date/time, that is the arrival hour as indicated on the E-ticket, Secret Lagoon reserves the right to assign the locker to other guests.
AMENDING/CHANGING A PURCHASE/BOOKING
If you wish to make any changes to your confirmed booking:
- visitors that booked the ticket on www.secretlagoon.is need to contact Secret Lagoon via email firstname.lastname@example.org. In a case of last-minute changes, by calling Reception 00354 5553351 or Tourist Information +354 853 3033
- Group booked via reservation form/email – need to contact Secret Lagoon though the same channel or send email on email@example.com and wait for confirmation
***IMPORTANT: Visitors cannot change the date or time of a booking after the originally selected date/time has passed.
CANCELLING A PURCHASE/BOOKING
If you wish to cancel your confirmed booking:
- Visitors that booked the ticket on www.secretlagoon.is are obligated to send cancellation request to firstname.lastname@example.org, at least 24 h before visit time.
IMPORTANT: If you cancel with less than 24 hours notice: No refund is made.
- Group booked via reservation form/ email – need to contact Secret Lagoon though the same channel
IMPORTANT: Visitors can not cancel booking after the originally selected date/time has passed
Secret Lagoon reserves the right to change or cancel all bookings and reservations in accordance with operating requirements or circumstances beyond its control, such as equipment malfunction, natural hazards, unfavorable weather or outside conditions, or any other similar events that could result in the temporary closure of the Secret Lagoon.
If the booking is canceled by Secret Lagoon due to any of these reasons, you will be entitled to either a full refund ( it applies only to prepaid reservations) or change your booking to another date and/or departure without having to pay any change fee.
LIABILITY AND INSURANCE
- Secret Lagoon disclaims responsibility for any loss, damage, accidents, sickness or changes in schedule caused by weather, strikes or any other irregularity outside the company’s control and for expenses due to any of these reasons. All such losses and expenses are the personal liability of the guest.
- We advise all our customers to have valid travel insurance. This insurance should be obtainable in your country of residence and usually covers cancellation fees and, to some extent, accidents that might occur.
- Guests enter the Secret Lagoon on their own responsibility and are responsible for children accompanying them!
- Children 8 years old or younger need to wear inflatable swim armbands.
- No responsibility is assumed by the establishment for any valuables the guests may have with them.
- Please be aware that floors, walkways, and paths may be slippery and/or wet in places
- Please be aware that the Secret Lagoon is located on the active geothermal area and walking around the pool can be dangerous to health and life!!!
- Entering the pool area outside the opening hours is strictly prohibited and will be treated as a legal offense
- Diving, jumping, running is prohibited.
- Pets are not allowed
- Guests may not bring food or drinks for consumption on the premises or in the Lagoon. Bringing alcohol drinks, from outside, into the Secret Lagoon area is strictly prohibited.
- We ask our guests to shower without their bathing suits before entering the Lagoon.
- Please take your towel with you when going to the shower room and dry yourself before re-entering the changing rooms in order to keep the floor dry in them.
Please take off your shoes before entering the changing rooms.
- We recommend to take out all your silver jewelry. Water in the Lagoon contains sulfur, which can cause silver color change.
- The temperature of the Secret Lagoon is 38-40°C. It is recommended that guests take regular breaks from bathing in the Lagoon and drink water before, during and after bathing.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry or ask for leaving to anyone who arrives intoxicated. The determination of whether an individual is intoxicated is solely at our discretion. In such cases, the guest is not entitled to a refund.
- Secret Lagoon does not take responsibility for the behaviors of tour guides, travel agencies. In case you have any complaint visitors must contact tour operator directly.
- Secret Lagoon is for people looking for relaxation, peace and quiet. Visitors arriving intoxicated, disturbing the peace and quiet of other guests, acting disrespectfully to employees of the Secret Lagoon will not be allowed or will be asked to leave with possible legal charges.
You agree that any claim, action or lawsuit arising out of these terms and conditions and/or the services/products purchased, shall be interpreted and governed in conformity with Icelandic law. For any legal dispute which may arise, both parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and competence of the Judges and Courts of the town of Reykjavik, Iceland.
You acknowledge that these terms and conditions can be changed and/or updated without notice.